Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays everyone. This is our very pathetic Christmas Tree this year. As we have a new addition in our family who spent most of his time at the top of the tree we decided to keep it to a minimum and not tempt him once the tree was fully decorated. So there are no pretty pink and purple glass balls and no crystals to come crashing down.
Santa was very good to Molly and we had a quiet Christmas morning this year. Molly was very sweet and enjoyed handing out the gifts to mom and dad as much as she enjoyed opening hers.
We are blessed with a special little girl and we count our blessings with this little angel that has been bestowed upon us.

The holidays are a tough time of year for many and I'm not immune from the holiday blues.
Christmas was always very special for me growing up and much of that had to do with my mom so not having her here with us is always going to be hard for me. I started telling Molly about the things I used to do with my mom and the tears just started pouring down and it occurred to me that I haven't really talked about her that much to Molly and that made me even more sad. I had the best years with my mom and really I just miss her not having her Nana more than anything else.
I went to visit Catherine, Eric and Elizabeth over the Holidays and it seems that my mom was a bigger part of their life when they were young than she would ever be to her own Granddaughter and that made me very sad. Eric even had a stuffed animal my mom had given to him when he was young still in his room and that was very touching for me to see.
OK I'm done...can't think about this anymore!!!
I'm out...k

1 comment:

  1. Talking about her keeps the memories alive...
    my wish for you is that it will get easier as the years go by...hugs..
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete