I have been sucked into being a blogger just like I was into becoming a scrapper. I just hope that I don't become quite as obsessed with this like I am with scrapping. I have found that becoming a scrapper has been one of the best things in my life over the past few years. I have reconnected with old friends and made a ton of new friends along the way. I now have an outlet for my creativity that can expand the borders of my teaching and creative arts at my school. I have learned so much about myself over the past year and a half and I am now ready to share some of my thoughts and experiences with others that may be interested.
I have been teaching a Creative Arts and Preschool for about 8 years now and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the school's environment, teachers, students and families. I will try and show some of the creations that I have done with the kids from the past 8 years as well anything that happens along the way. The children surprise me every single day and it is amazing the honest creativity that comes forth in the projects they undertake.
My family is one of the most important things in my life right now and I am blessed to have a wonderful man in my life that has stood by me and held my hand through all the tough times and the good times as well. I met Will in the summer of 1996 at Lake Clear and we had a lot of fun times drinking, boating and swimming. He was with someone else at the time and we were all just friends and I didn't even think much of him after that summer was over. Fast forward to December 2001 and I am out with another guy friend at Maxwell's dancing and having fun, but all night this hot stranger is checking me out and finally comes up to me and asks if I'm Karen. OK so I'm a bit weirded out that he knows my name but he is hot so I affirm his question and he reminds me who he is and we spend the rest of the night reminiscing about Lake Clear and how it was the best summer ever. At the end of the night he shakes my hand and kisses me goodnight but in my hand he slips me his business card....SMOOTH....NOT! I call him on it and we laugh because he just wasn't sure of my relationship with my friend Joe who I had been dancing and drinking with all night. I proceed to email him and wish him a Happy New Year and we make a date and have been together ever since.
OK my hand hurts....more to follow tomorrow.
Hugs...K
Congrats on becoming an official blogger! Just let me know how I can help and will do my best! Big hugs
ReplyDeleteSxx