Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thankful

This is one of the very few photos I have of my mom and Molly before she got sick. It is not the best photo but I cherish it and this is the only layout I have dome, to date, of my mom.

She was so thrilled to become a 'Nana' and she had many years of practice with all the kids I've cared for over the years but to have one of her own was the best thing that could have happened. Molly was a surprise to Will and I and I found out I was expecting the same day my mom found out about her blood disorder. Serendipity! She had a good 4 or 5 months caring and loving Little Baby Molly but then it became too difficult for her to even hold her and I know that was something that hurt her deeply. Molly was very lucky to have a Nana that loved her so much and we are blessed to have had the time that we did together. My mom said watching Molly being born to me was the most beautiful thing she could ever experience, seeing her daughter have a daughter! We had 4 generations together for about 2 months living under the same roof, on the good days it was fantastic to have all of us together caring for Molly. Poor Will is the best man in the world, I don't know how I got so lucky but when the 'old ladies'( that's what we always called them) got sick, he didn't even question moving into my mom's with Molly. I am blessed to have such an incredible man in my life and I love him dearly!!!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment