Shawna, Shelley, Kerri and moi!
Molly loved to pet Jasper and she would have loved to take him home with us.Shawna and her son Owyn. Shelley and her three Lauren, Cameron and Adam. Kerri and her son Karsten, in my lap. Me and my Molly. Tobin, my cousin Todd's son with his arm around Molly.
.
Parting is such sweet sorrow. Karsten and Molly gave many hugs before we left.
Lauren is such an amazing young lady and she had the mother's touch with all the kids...very sweet girl! Owyn in her lap.
Kerri getting a smooch from her little man, Karsten.
Beautiful shot of mom and her boy!
The girls in the boat with their boys.
Photo shoot!
Head lock! Adam loving the little boys to death!
Molly andOwyn checking out the view from inside the cottage.
It was a really amazing time at the cottage. I have forgotten how much I miss my extended family. When we were kids we were always together. Shelley and I were the oldest and the only for a while so we grew up having matching outfits and looking more like sisters than cousins. Kerri and I grew up a couple of houses away and being an only child it was nice to have some extended family close by and I don't think they new this but I loved feeling like being a part of a bigger family. I truly cherish those memories of early Christmas mornings and many dinners, BBQ's and playdates. Having lost my mom and not really spending much time with my dad due to his illnesses and not wanting to leave his apartment it has made me feel so alone at times and that I don't really have anyone to turn to. It was great to spend some time with the girls and hopefully I will be able to come out of my shell a little bit and stay connected with my extended family. I love you all!!!
.
Parting is such sweet sorrow. Karsten and Molly gave many hugs before we left.
Lauren is such an amazing young lady and she had the mother's touch with all the kids...very sweet girl! Owyn in her lap.
Kerri getting a smooch from her little man, Karsten.
Beautiful shot of mom and her boy!
The girls in the boat with their boys.
Photo shoot!
Head lock! Adam loving the little boys to death!
Molly andOwyn checking out the view from inside the cottage.
It was a really amazing time at the cottage. I have forgotten how much I miss my extended family. When we were kids we were always together. Shelley and I were the oldest and the only for a while so we grew up having matching outfits and looking more like sisters than cousins. Kerri and I grew up a couple of houses away and being an only child it was nice to have some extended family close by and I don't think they new this but I loved feeling like being a part of a bigger family. I truly cherish those memories of early Christmas mornings and many dinners, BBQ's and playdates. Having lost my mom and not really spending much time with my dad due to his illnesses and not wanting to leave his apartment it has made me feel so alone at times and that I don't really have anyone to turn to. It was great to spend some time with the girls and hopefully I will be able to come out of my shell a little bit and stay connected with my extended family. I love you all!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment